Gold Scholarship Information:
Gold Scholarships include a book loan (consumables not included), the SCC Bookstore will charge a $100 book deposit when scholarship students pick up their textbooks. This deposit may be paid by cash, check, credit/debit card, or financial aid. The deposit will be refunded providing all books are in good condition and are returned by the last day of scheduled semester buybacks. Deposits will be forfeited after said date and holds (along with book charges) will be placed against the student’s account until unreturned book charges have been paid or books have been returned. Books must be returned at the end of each semester. Books must be returned in good condition or the student will be responsible for paying for that book. We issue used books (as long as they are available) to Scholarship students. We understand that the books are not always in perfect condition, but you must take care of these textbooks and return them in the same condition that they were given to you. If there is any water damage, ripped/torn covers or pages, or any other significant damage to the textbooks the you will be responsible for purchasing the books. If you do not feel comfortable with a book that you are given at the beginning of the semester, due to obvious damage, please bring it to our attention and we will issue you a different book. This will avoid any costs that you might incur if you bring it back at the end of the semester damaged.
Contact the Bookstore firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-634-3218 for additional details regarding book returns.
Consumables are not covered by scholarships. Consumables include textbooks with access codes, lab manuals, workbooks, rental textbooks and connect cards.
Gold Scholarship Book Return Policy
- SCC ID is required to return books.
- You can return your books before buybacks. (Deposit for books will be placed on the students account. A check will then be mailed out to the student.)
- Books that are returned damaged (water damage, ripped/torn covers or pages, or any other significant damage to the textbooks) will result in a charge to the student. The students $100 deposit will be used toward the price of the book and the student will be responsible for the amount left after the $100 is applied.
- All books must be returned by the given buyback date to receive the $100 deposit back.
- Deposits will be forfeited after said date and holds (along with book charges) will be placed against the student’s account until unreturned book charges have been paid.